The ethereal San Francisco global fusion band released this video for the title track of its new album, BUILD, last week. Tonight (Fri/9) it plays an album release show at the Great American Music Hall.
Known for blending different cultural styles of music and languages, Rupa and the April Fishes spent years creating BUILD, a follow-up to 2009's Este Mundo, traveling the world during the process, and touring via bicycle -- and those global influences are felt throughout the record, along with a sociopolitical edge. Earlier this year she told us, "In the wake of where we find ourselves right now, economically, sociopolitically, we can't wait for someone to hand us the reality we want. We have to build it, we have to create it."
Most Commented On
- "Rootless" was Tim's word and it is 100% inaccurate. - May 21, 2013
- Dan, we need to take the long view - May 21, 2013
- Agree, Dan, a strike like this is inexcusable from anyone who - May 21, 2013
- You are the one - May 21, 2013
- CPI is very low, which is why allowable rent increases are low - May 21, 2013
- You can use that rationalization to pay everyone more. So what? - May 21, 2013
- UCSF - May 21, 2013
- UCSF only has finite funding and if that is insufficient - May 21, 2013
- Slaves don't get paid. - May 21, 2013
- Never mind people, what about dogs? - May 21, 2013